30 January 2019 - 14:14,
by Elena Marchisa
in News & events
, Comments off
Knowage evolves to meet the latest analytical needs thanks to the innovation and research coming from the open source community. Everyone is invited to join the community effort contributing on the source code.
Here the 2019 roadmap:
The following list of features is planned to be addressed in the short term, by Q1 2019:
- improvements on cross navigation to customize the target’s name;
- news management system, to broadcast useful information to the users according to their roles;
- capability to filter data dynamically on Registry document type according to data visilibity rules.
The following list of features is planned to be addressed in the medium term, by Q2 2019:
- cockpit enhancement:
- new map widget to display NGSI geo-layers;
- quick steps to create spatial widgets in a few click;
- data exploration:
- new GUI for smart data inquiring and live data preview;
- full-text search on Solr index;
- Metadata layer improvements:
- business model profiling according to the general Behavioural model rules;
- embedding custom function in business model usage (ex. for data encryption – decryption, security, ect.).
In the following, Knowage will grow on other hot topics, such as:
- data discovery and advanced visualization over Elasticsearch for distributed indexes;
- native R/Phyton widget in self-service cockpits;
- open data publisher/analyser;
- embedded analytical functions;
- pluggable widget.
Knowage CE source code is available on GitHub: any contribution in these developments is very welcome!