On May 21st and 22nd 2019, Genoa hosted the 6th FIWARE Global Summit. It was the first time that this event landed in Italy.
The event gathered the FIWARE community and city representatives, thought leaders, entrepreneurs, SMEs, decision-makers, large enterprises, and developers to discuss the recent trends in smart technologies and urban development. Innovation, efficiency, sustainable growth and open source are just some of the main goals of the attendees.
The agenda has been developed around the traditional tracks – Smart City, Smart Agrifood, Smart Energy and Smart Industry – with high-impact talks delivered under 45 minutes. In addition, the traditional hands-on Developers’ Track, brought forward a unique opportunity to learn the basics for building “Powered by FIWARE” applications.
Engineering Group was the Premium Sponsor of the Summit and its R&D area was deeply involved both exhibiting and taking the stage. Knowage, as FIWARE Generic Enabler for business intelligence and data analytics, joined the event with its own booth and speech, but the Summit was also the opportunity to raise the profile of other Fiware-powered project embedding Knowage.
Here follow the most interesting moments of the event.
- the opening ceremony held by the decisive players in the Italian ecosystem, among them Paolo Pandozy (CEO of Engineering Ingegneria Informatica Spa) and Dario Avallone (R&D Director of Engineering Ingegneria Informatica Spa);
- In the Smart Industry Track, Angelo Marguglio (Research Area Manager of Engineering Ingegneria Informatica Spa) held the speech “Implementing Data sovereignty: a FIWARE-Mindsphere interoperability scenario”, in which FIWARE and Knowage serve as bridges between open source and commercial IoT platforms;
- In the Smart Agrifood Track, Roberto Palazzetti (CEO of our partner Osmosit) presented KeyRef, developed with FIWARE technology and Knowage GE to manage food delivery in collective catering;
- In the Developers Track, Marco Cortella (Solution designer of Engineering Ingegneria Informatica Spa) presented of the new upcoming Knowage features and how Knowage can be integrated with other Fiware GEs;
- Again the Smart Agrifood track, Giovanni Aiello (Tech manager of Digital Enabler program, Engineering Ingegneria Informatica Spa) held the speech “Digital Enabler: history, accomplishments and future challenges”, presenting the powered-by-FIWARE platform to give value to data scattered in heterogeneous data sources that uses Knowage for data visualization ;
- the closing and award ceremony of the hackathon winners. The Hackathon consists of an innovation marathon aimed at developing new services and/or applications for the city of Genoa. The aim is to create, in teams, innovative projects to support and further the development, resilience, and sustainability of the city, as well as the well-being of its citizens. For the Hackathon 4All, a special prize went to Silver City, the project of Carlo Adornetto, Gaia Stefanelli, Gloria Sardo and Sara Martino. Knowage has been included in the architecture of this project.